Wailua River Kayak and Waterfalls Hike
This is Kauai's top-rated kayak tour!
Paddle your tandem ruddered kayak deep into the heart of Kauai on Hawaii’s largest tropical river: the Wailua. You will be furnished with the best equipment available, including comfortable, padded high-back backrests and quality paddles.
After our downwind paddle upstream, we’ll tie our kayaks to a tree and take a somewhat rugged one-mile hike up the valley to a dramatic 100’ waterfall with a pool at the bottom.
Swimming is encouraged! This breathtaking Kauai kayaking tour will leave you in awe all day long. The Wailua River is world-famous for its gorgeous scenery and history-rich past.
We’ll have a delicious picnic lunch at the falls and then hike back down to the kayaks for some more fun paddling! The paddle downstream is against headwinds, which makes this tour more strenuous than our Hidden Valley Tour. If you like a bit of a workout, this tour is for you!
Swimming holes, native and exotic botanical wonders; the Wailua is a fantasyland of Hawaiian deep jungle scenery.
What To Know...
- A Rental Car or taxi is required to get to the Kayak Company's Poipu check-in location just 6-minutes from the Grand Hyatt Kauai.
Proximity to Hotel
- A 6-minute drive
- 7-hours approximately
Two Daily check-in / Tour times
- 7:45 am Check-in for the morning tour
- 11:00 am Check-in for the afternoon tour
- Select your preferred check-in time below.
- Children must be at least 5 years old.
What to Wear
- We recommend you bring a swimsuit, shorts, a t-shirt, a windbreaker or light raincoat, and footwear with aggressive tread for muddy conditions. Either sport sandals with heel straps or aqua socks work great. And don’t forget a hat, sunscreen, bug spray, and a waterproof camera. You can buy these items and rent sport sandals (as available) at our Poipu shop.
- All kayaking gear and flotation vests
- Lunch and cold drinks.
- First Responder trained tour guides
- This tour includes a great lunch. Your choice is either a turkey or vegetarian hummus wrap (select below)
Lunch comes with pasta salad and a freshly baked cookie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
- You must be able to walk two miles of rugged trail & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- We’ll be in the rainforest so be prepared for showers and muddy trail conditions.
- This is our most strenuous river kayak and hiking tour.
- For something that’s a lot of fun and less rigorous, check our Hidden Falls Kayak Adventure.
- This experience maintains a 24-hour cancellation policy. Tours canceled outside of 24-hours of their service date will be refunded in full less a 10% cancellation service fee. No refunds will be provided for tours canceled inside of 24-hours of service date. Groups of 6 or more require 72-hour notice of cancellation.
- Adults $00.50 each / Inclusive of Kauai's 4.712% tax
- Child 5 - 12 years $00.30 each / Inclusive of Kauai's 4.712% tax
Reserve Your Wailua River Kayak and Waterfalls Hike Below.
Be sure to note your sandwich selections