Pearl Harbor, Arizona Memorial, Battleship Missouri, and Honolulu Tour
Don't try and do this yourself from the Big Island. Instead, join us for a wonderful full-day Oahu experience that takes in tours of Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial the USS Missouri and more!
Pearl Harbor Visitor Center
Your USS Arizona Memorial experience will start at the visitor center. Experience an outstanding film documenting the attack on Pearl Harbor, with actual footage of that day. Spend time browsing through informative displays and learn more about the events that propelled the US into WWII. There are snack areas and food vendors where you can grab a bite to eat and relax.
USS Arizona Memorial
All aboard! Make the short trip to the memorial itself aboard a U.S. Navy launch. The memorial built over the remains of the USS Arizona Memorial itself will allow you to honor and reflect on the heroes of that “Day of Infamy” You can read the names of all 1,177 sailors and marines who were killed on December 7, 1941. Don't forget to look for the “Black Tears”, the oil leak on the surface from the sunken remains.
USS Battleship Missouri
The next stop on your Pearl Harbor Adventure is a one-hour guided tour of the USS Missouri, the last battleship built by the US Navy. Commissioned in 1944, and affectionately referred to as "Mighty Mo”, she earned 11 Battle Stars during her tour of duty. Walk the decks learning about her proud history and stand on the exact spot where on September 2, 1945, Japan surrendered. In all, you’ll spend approximately 4.5 hours at Pearl Harbor.
City tour and Punchbowl National Cemetery
Then, experience a fun fact-filled, narrated driving tour of downtown Honolulu. This scenic drive, including a drive through Punchbowl National Cemetery, will allow you to discover the cemetery’s meticulously landscaped acres. Enjoy the beauty and honor of this serene area as you drive through and see the Courts of the Missing, the chapel and the finely detailed mosaic maps of the Pacific Theaters of Operation in World War II.
Honolulu Historic Sites
You will also get to visit other popular Hawaiian sites on this tour, including the impressive Iolani Palace, the only royal palace on American soil. You’ll also view Kawaiahao Church (the church of Hawaiian monarchs) and one of the oldest standing Christian churches in Hawaii. The State Library and Archives, the 18-foot tall statue of King Kamehameha, Honolulu Hale (City Hall), and the quaint Mission Houses are also included on this adventure tour, all while your expert knowledgeable driver recounts the rich history of these Honolulu landmarks.
What to know:
- Check-in takes place at the Kona International Airport. A rental car or taxi is necessary.
- Bring a sweater or light jacket.
- Bring cash and credit cards but no large purses or bags. see below.
- Meals and other food and beverage items are not provided.
- The US Department of the Interior has declared a, "no bags" policy at the Arizona Memorial and Visitor Center. Passengers may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc. Bag storage is available at the entrance to the Visitor Center for a $3 fee per bag fee. Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets. Do not leave any valuables on the coach.
- Also, on very rare occasions, and due to external factors outside of our control (including inclement weather and/or shortages of boat launch tickets), there is the possibility of not being able to visit the Arizona Memorial during your visit. You will still be able to visit the many Arizona exhibits and visitor’s center, the USS Bowfin, The USS Missouri and other monuments at the park.”
- Offered every day except Saturdays.
- This tour requires an airline flight. Remember your proper identification (with passenger names reading the same as you indicate below).
- Rental car or taxi required from the hotel to Kona Airport
- 5:15 am: Recommended hotel departure time
- 6:15 am Check in at the Hawaiian Airline ticket counter at Kona Airport. Provide names and show ID. The airline will have your boarding passes.
- 8:00 pm Approximate return to Kona
- There is a NO CANCELLATION & NO REFUND on all ONE-DAY FLYAWAY tours. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.
- Adults: $508.00 per person / Inclusive of taxes and fees
- Children 3 - 11 years: $485.00 per child / / Inclusive of taxes and fees
Please reserve your Pearl Harbor and Honolulu Experience below.
Be sure to enter your names as they are on your ID as well as your birth day in the field provided.