2-Hour Afternoon whale watching excursions
Offered Afternoons Only
Available during the Kauai Whale Watching Season (November – March). Share the beauty of Kauai’s south shore with some of the world’s largest and most peaceful creatures. Our Kauai Whale Watching tour is a must-do for all wildlife enthusiasts, allowing you to cruise the calm south shore waters of Kauai on one of our spacious 65′ catamarans while enjoying the magnificent sight of whales and other marine life. Enjoy delicious pupus (appetizers) complete with sodas, juices, beer, wine and Mai Tais set the mood for this unforgettable experience.
Hawaii's majestic humpback whales get their name from their style of exposing their dorsal fin when they dive, which gives them a humped appearance.
Your Captain will provide an informative narration of how this North Pacific group of Humpbacks migrates from coastal Alaska starting in November and congregate mostly in the Hawaiian waters before heading back to Alaska between April and May. With adults reaching sizes of up to 45 feet and 80,000 pounds, these Humpbacks come to Hawaii mainly to give birth and to mate.
Enjoy a wonderfully informative watch sail with a great captain and crew!
What To Know...
- Each whale watch is two hours in duration.
- A rental car, Uber, or taxi is necessary to get to this activity
Whale Watching Schedule (2 trip times)
- 1:15 pm Check-in / 1:45 pm -3:45 pm Trip
- 3:45 pm Check-in / 4:15 pm - 6:15 pm TRrip
Drive time from Grand Hyatt Kauai
- Allow at least 30-minutes to drive from the hotel to Eleele Boat Harbor
- 65' sailing catamarans custom-built for Kauai's coastline
- Open Bar with juices, sodas, juices, beer, wine, and Mai Tais
- Light pupus (appetizers)
- Hydrophones for hearing the whales
What should you wear?
- Remember to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Wear comfortable slip-on/off shoes
Restrictions: This is a barefoot tour No children under 2 years old No recent surgeries. No neck or back problems. All passengers must be able to walk across the boarding ramp without assistance. No expectant mothers. All tours are weather permitting.
- This experience maintains a 24-hour cancellation policy. Tours canceled outside of 24 hours of their service date will be refunded in full less a 15% cancellation service fee. No refunds will be provided for tours canceled within 24 hours of the service date.
Whale Watch Costs Inclusive State of Hawaii Tax
- Adults: $129.50
- Youth 12 - 17 years old: $113.50
- Children 2 - 11 years old: $97.50
Reserve your Whale Watch Sail below